Problems We Solve
- Controlling Dust
- Ash Pond Dust
- Baseball and Softball Diamond Dust
- Coal Pile Dust
- Community Road Dust
- Construction Dust
- Conveyor Belt/Process Dust
- Gravel Runway Dust
- Haul Road Dust
- Helipad Dust
- Industrial Road Dust
- Mine Tailings Dust
- Path and Trail Dust
- Riding Arena Dust
- Shredder and Scrap Recycling Dust
- Stockpile Dust
- Controlling Soil Erosion
- Paving Using Natural Alternatives
- Stabilizing Roads, Paths and Subgrades
- Preventing Ice and Freezing
- Lubricating Rails
Midwest sprays, seals, eliminates environmental concerns
Spray, Seal, Eliminate Environmental Concerns
Winter freezes and dry summer months can both cause serious ash pond management issues relating to health risks and an ever-more stringent regulatory environment. In winter an ash pond can freeze dry, resulting in fugitive PM10 and PM2.5 dust and coal ash escaping from the surface. In the summer, pond water can evaporate as water drains off, also creating a dust problem. The solution? An effective sealant like Midwest’s Soil-Sement® or Soil-Sement Engineered Formula®.
Sealing ash pond surfaces is really the only practical way of preventing ash fines from lifting into the air, creating dust, and entering storm-water runoff. It is also the only way to prevent dust-related productivity slowdowns at ash pond sites and an increased threat of respiratory illness for people living and working near dust-prone areas.
Soil-Sement, Midwest’s independently-certified and proven surface sealant, is the foundation of our line of dust-control products. It is a proven leading-edge nanotechnology polymer that:
- Is certified safe for the environment
- Penetrates ash ponds to the desired depth
- Creates a bonded matrix of sealant and ash that locks all fines and particles into the surface
- Prevents free particles, the root cause of dust emissions, from becoming airborne and a nuisance or hazard to the local area.
Soil-Sement Engineered Formula, Midwest’s high-performance nanotechnology stabilization system creates an impenetrable, durable surface with superior compressive strength.
We can also provide:
- Turnkey Application Services. Delivery and/or application any time it is needed, routinely or in an emergency
- Environmental Compliance Support programs that maintain regulatory compliance mandates across multiple industries
- Laboratory Soil Testing across a wide breadth of soils, the key to successful stabilization
Midwest is your assurance that you are using the most effective product available for ash-pond dust control and related services.