Problems We Solve
- Controlling Dust
- Ash Pond Dust
- Baseball and Softball Diamond Dust
- Coal Pile Dust
- Community Road Dust
- Construction Dust
- Conveyor Belt/Process Dust
- Gravel Runway Dust
- Haul Road Dust
- Helipad Dust
- Industrial Road Dust
- Mine Tailings Dust
- Path and Trail Dust
- Riding Arena Dust
- Shredder and Scrap Recycling Dust
- Stockpile Dust
- Controlling Soil Erosion
- Paving Using Natural Alternatives
- Stabilizing Roads, Paths and Subgrades
- Preventing Ice and Freezing
- Lubricating Rails
Road dust management solutions
Keep Unpaved Roads Intact, Safe, and in Compliance
Community road dust from unpaved local roads is problematic from health, environmental, and safety perspectives. PM10 and PM2.5 dust particles and loose soil can be carried away rom the roadway by water, wind, traffic, or snowmelt landing in streams and rivers, where they may destroy aquatic habitat and harm water quality. Moreover, the absence of effective community road dust control can turn potholes and wash boarding into kings of the road. Midwest is recognized for its ability to eliminate these probelms and others related to keeping roadway material on the ground and in the roadway.
Midwest will enable you to:
- Reduce dust
- Improve the strength and running surface of roadways, and extend surface life
- Know you are in compliance with the PM10 and PM2.5 requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Rest assured that our proven and certified products will neither contaminate ground water with volatile organic compounds, semi-volatiles or heavy metals nor increase BOD or COD levels
Storm water runoff will not be adversely affected by our products; in fact, its quality will be improved. Drivers will not be endangered by slippery surfaces, soft shoulders, narrow road surfaces, decreased visibility, or respiratory issues. The absence of dust also makes for stronger community relations given that dust particles will inevitably settle on neighboring pools, flower beds, vegetation, cars and porches. Our dust-control products are an economical alternative to asphalt and concrete.
We can also provide:
- Turnkey Application Services.
Delivery and/or application any time it is needed, routinely or in an emergency
- Dust Control Service Program with dedicated personnel and equipment to meet all of your dust control needs Environmental Compliance Support programs that maintain regulatory compliance mandates across multiple industries
- Laboratory Soil Testing across a wide breadth of soils, the key to successful stabilization
To learn more about the wide range of products Midwest can put to work to keep your community roads dust free, click on any of the products below.
A reworkable, active, environmentally certified polymeric binder system that captures fines and keeps them escaping as fugitive dust.
- Dust Fyghter® LN100
A lignin dust control that acts as a natural cement, binding dust particles as well as continuously absorbing moisture from the air and locking it into the surface.
- Road Oyl®
A resin-modified emulsion treatment for bare earth or unpaved surfaces. Soil-Sement Engineered Formula®A high performance nanotechnology stabilization system that creates an impenetrable, durable surface with superior compressive strength.
The foundation of our line of dust control products, an environmentally certified leading-edge nanotechnology polymer with proven performance.
- E-Sprayer™ Dust Control Spray System
A portable, versatile and compact do-it-yourself spraying system.