- Soil-Sement Engineered Formula®
- Haul Road Dust Control®
- Road Oyl®
- Haul Pro®
- Road Pro® NT
- Dust Fyghter® LN100
- Arena Rx®
- Diamond Doctor®
- The E-Sprayer™ System
- Coal CarTopping System®
- What is Soil-Sement?
- Is Soil-Sement safe for the environment, equipment and personnel?
- Are all polymer products the same?
- What is Soil-Sement used for?
- How do I determine the amount of Soil-Sement I will need?
- What type of equipment is required to apply Soil-Sement?
- What personnel would be required and is there any special training required?
- Do I need to grade the road first before using Soil-Sement?
- What is the dilution rate for Soil-Sement?
- Is potable water required for dilution of Soil-Sement?
- What is the surface like once Soil-Sement has been applied?
- How long will Soil-Sement last?
- How much does Soil-Sement cost?
- Will Soil-Sement harm my water truck?
- Will Soil-Sement track?
- Will Soil-Sement get on or stick to vehicles?
- How do you recommend storing Soil-Sement and how long can it be stored?
- How are your products packaged and shipped? How soon will my order be shipped?
1. What is Soil-Sement?
Soil-Sement is a strong acrylic co-polymer (polymer emulsion) that is diluted with water for application and used for dust and erosion control, and soil stabilization. Soil-Sement's long chain of polymer molecules penetrates the surface forming a strong hardbound surface.
2. Is Soil-Sement safe for the environment, equipment and personnel?
Soil-Sement has been tested and approved by the U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) Program, Canada ETV Program, CARB (California Air Resource Board) & Cal-Cert (California Environmental Technology Certification) Program and many other accredited programs and is safe for personnel and the environment. In addition, it is non-corrosive to equipment.
3. Are all polymer products the same? All polymers are not the same. Midwest polymers are manufactured to rigid quality standards controlled by our verified and approved quality system. Soil-Sement is manufactured specifically for dust control and soil stabilization performance under all types of conditions. There are literally thousands of varieties of polymer emulsion chemistries available. Other polymers will perform poorly because they were never intended for dust control and soil-stabilization applications. In addition to poor performance, these polymer emulsions' are susceptible to degradation from exposure to ultraviolet rays, heat and bacteria, which can destabilize, cause unpleasant odors, and render them unusable in the theater of operation.
4. What is Soil-Sement used for?
Unpaved roads and shoulders, helicopter landing zones, tank trails, any type of stockpile (soil, salt, coal, aggregate, etc.), parking lots and unpaved open areas (concert venues, ball diamonds, construction sites, etc.), ash pond and tailings sites.
5. How do I determine the amount of Soil-Sement I will need?
A Midwest representative can answer that question by taking the area you need treated, type of traffic and type of soil or material needing treated into consideration. Call 1-800-321-0699 or 330-456-3121 to find out.
6. What type of equipment is required to apply Soil-Sement? There are many rental equipment options available for application of dust control products. • Hydroseeding systems, either trailer mounted or skid mounted (multi-functional with spray bars, hose reels, and tower guns), scraper mounted water distribution systems, water trucks, and asphalt spreaders will also work well. Centrifugal pumps work best and require less maintenance.• Midwest has developed the E-Sprayer™ System and the Wolverine™ E-Spray System which provides rapid and efficient application of dust suppressant chemicals via a spray bar or fire hose. This unit is self contained and very effective. Or let us do all the work. Midwest can provide Turnkey Services to handle any job from start to finish.
7. What personnel would be required and is there any special training required? Typically, anyone can perform the application of our products with minimal training. We can provide all support necessary for application including our personnel operating in secure environments with you. We are also available for engineering support and training as required. You can also take advantage of our Turnkey Services and let us do all the work.
8. Do I need to grade the road first before using Soil-Sement?
It is not necessary to grade the road for basic topical applications for dust control. However, if the road is rough we do recommend grading it first.
9. What is the dilution rate for Soil-Sement?
For a typical dust control application, Soil-Sement is diluted 9:1 (9 parts water to 1 part Soil-Sement). A Midwest representative can give you your specific dilution rate by taking the area you need treated, type of traffic and type of soil or material into consideration. Call 1-800-321-0699 or (330)456-3121 to find out.
10. Is potable water required for dilution of Soil-Sement?
The water for dilution of Soil-Sement does not need to be potable. Most any fresh water source or sea water is compatible with Soil-Sement. A quick test can be performed in the field by mixing a small quantity of Soil-Sement with the water in a small container (jar or bottle). If after several minutes the mixture remains liquefied and smooth, the water is suitable for use.
11. What is the surface like once Soil-Sement has been applied?
Soil-Sement will create a bonded yet pliable surface stopping particles of dust such as PM10 and PM2.5 from entering the air. It is white in appearance when applied but dries clear keeping the natural aesthetics of the surface.
12. How long will Soil-Sement last?
The simple answer is indefinitely with proactive maintenance. Many factors influence the longevity and maintenance interval of the products. They include soil type, climate, construction method, type of traffic and amount of traffic. Typically applications are designed to last 3-6 months. However, longer lasting designs and maintenance intervals can be established for extended working life where required. Call and speak to a Midwest Representative about your specific site details.
13. How much does Soil-Sement cost?
A Midwest representative can answer that question by taking the area you need treated, type of traffic and type of soil or material into consideration. Call 1-800-321-0699 or (330)456-3121 to find out.
14. Will Soil-Sement harm my water truck?
No. When finished spraying, flush the system with water until it runs clear.
15. Will Soil-Sement track?
They will not track when applied as directed by following the recommended cure time. Excessive application or over saturation will track when freshly applied.
16. Will Soil-Sement get on or stick to vehicles?
When freshly applied, product could splash on vehicles driving over the surface or on nearby vehicles. Freshly splashed product can be flushed off with water. Dried product can be cleaned with hot water and detergent.
17. How do you recommend storing Soil-Sement and how long can it be stored?
It is recommended that Soil-Sement only be stored for 6 months. Keep in a cool, dry, ventilated storage area and in closed containers. Minimize contact with the air to prevent microorganism contamination and reduce the formation of skins on the surface. Optimum storage temperatures 55°F (12°C – 32°C). KEEP FROM FREEZING.
Handle in a well-ventilated workspace. How are your products packaged and shipped?
- 5 gallon (20 liters) Plastic Pails
- 55 gallon (208 liters) Plastic Drums
- 264 gallon (999 liters) Cardboard Bladder Totes
- 275 gallon (1,050 liters) Refillable Steel-Caged Plastic Totes
- 2,000 gallon (7,570 liters) Container Bladders
- 5,000 gallon (18,925) Bulk Tanker Truck Loads (U.S. and Canada Deliveries Only)
- 5,000 gallon (18,925 liters) IMO/ISO Tank Containers
- 20,000 gallon (75,700 liters) Railcar (U.S. and Canada Deliveries Only)Shipping Methods:•
- Shipped FOB (Freight on Board) Canton, Ohio
- Common Carriers (i.e. - R+L Carriers, Ward Trucking, Estes Express Lines, etc.)
- Midwest's Own Bulk Truck Load Fleet
18. How soon will my order be shipped?
Orders are fulfilled and shipped within 24-48 hours upon receipt.