Midwest wants to be the most recognized advocate for stewardship and sustainability for the dust suppressant industry.
- Continuously use what we know about our products to discover how they impact the environment and how they can be used to promote healthier lives.
- Diligently work with third-party testing and global certification agencies to increase sales.
Pollution Prevention and Waste Management
- Completed installation of our state-of-the-art wastewater handling system to reduce our landfill waste by 94%.
- Repurpose waste streams from other industries into safe and effective dust control products.
- Utilize rail transportation when possible to reduce transportation-related pollution.
Innovation and Supply Chain
- Work closely with vendors to provide just-in-time delivery of material to reduce waste.
- Streamline inventory management with a shelf-life and material-use monitoring system.
- Continuously evaluate bio-based raw materials for use in existing products and new product lines.
- Evaluate waste streams and byproducts for safe, environmentally sound and economically desirable ingredients in end-use products.
- Develop and supply products at a reasonable cost.
- Manage end-to-end supply chain with efficiency.
- Always look for safer alternatives to hazardous or toxic ingredients.
- Strive for a balanced portfolio of diverse products and customers to maintain a strong balance sheet.
Environmental Education and Awareness
- Educate customers, employees and communities on relevant and accurate information on chemical dust suppressants.
- Be a driving force in our industry for expanded testing, self-regulation and third-party certifications.
- Elevate public awareness of the dangers of particulate matter and the potential for unintended consequences of some dust suppressants.
- Act as a steward of the environment and foster a culture of sustainable value for the products we offer.
Employee Safety and Enrichment
- Midwest understands that we cannot survive without healthy, productive and engaged employees.
- Establish employee safety is our #1 corporate goal. We are led by the “10 Rules to Live By,” Midwest's guide to working safely.
- Offer a robust employee benefit program with a focus on wellness and prevention.
- Provide equal opportunity employment with competitive pay.
- Created an Employee Engagement Team to foster a positive and collaborative culture.
Customer and Quality focus
- Customer satisfaction and continued support is the focus of our boot-on-the-ground technical team.
- Dedicated application and engineering support and geotechnical laboratory to ensure selection of the “best fit” product for each unique application.
- Environmental technical support for regulatory compliance needs and issues.
- A dedicated interdisciplinary quality team to address, understand and rectify all issues effecting the customer.
- Canton, Ohio is the home of our founder and we continue to live, work and support our local community.
- Engaged in the acquisition and renovation of abandoned warehouse to support community and neighborhood development.
- Employees encouraged to work with charitable organizations, including: American Heart Association, Pathway Caring for Children, Wishes Can Happen and many more.
As we plan for the future our focus is on sustainable growth. Midwest understands that communication with our customers, employees, regulatory, stakeholder and the community is key. We look forward to sharing our goals and progress.