Because Midwest believes in proving claims, rather than just making them, we are rigorous in proving our products’ quality and performance through extensive 3rd-party testing. When you use Soil-Sement Engineered Formula, you can rest assured that you will meet or exceed ALL regulatory compliance requirements, both for performance and environmental safety.
Soil-Sement Engineered Formula®
MAKE YOUR ROADS ASPHALT STRONG – AT A FRACTION OF THE COST
Today you have multiple options to build or stabilize your road: either pave it with asphalt (expensive and breaks down quickly) or haul in non-native soil and gravel aggregate (expensive and difficult maintenance, dust problems and degrades quickly). Now, there’s a third way: NaturalPave Soil Stabilization System by Midwest. Soil-Sement Engineered Formula® is a key product of the NaturalPave System.
Uses Advanced Chemistry to Build and Stabilize Stronger, Longer-lasting, Environmentally Friendly Roads
Soil-Sement Engineered Formula is a polymer emulsion design to stabilize surfaces and subgrades comprised of chip seal, paving and milling applications. It forms an engineered stabilized layer between seven and twenty-five centimeters deep, creating an impenetrable, durable surface with superior compressive strength.
Its proprietary nanotechnology formulation enables our scientists to control matter on an atomic and molecular scale. The advanced chemical bonding that this creates increases the load-bearing strength of all types of surfaces. It also allows Midwest to utilize whatever native soils are available on-site, eliminating the need to bring in outside aggregate.
On top of outperforming alternatives, Soil-Sement Engineered Formula (SSEF) is entirely safe for the environment. Unlike petroleum-based products, like asphalt, Soil-Sement EF poses no risk to local vegetation, soil, water or wildlife. And yet, despite these advantages, it remains 60% cheaper than asphalt.
See Why Soil-Sement Engineered Formula is the Obvious Choice for Your Road Project
- Easily installed and requires minimal equipment and personnel
- Can be installed in a wide range of temperatures and conditions, while still achieving expected performance
- Has a short cure time
- Effective on aggregates and in-situ materials with a wide range of gradations and plasticity
- Is water-resistant and resists moisture damage
- Its long life-cycle minimizes maintenance and repair
- Cuts rolling resistance, which reduces tire wear and maintenance costs for power train, suspension and brake systems
- Resists potholes, heaving, pushing and channeling
- Provides a cumulative effect and creates a stabilized surface which will not shift or sink
- Provides a solid, cohesive polymer bound road surface which withstands traffic, loading abuses and extreme temperatures
- Minimizes airborne dust particles
- Creates a smooth road which allows for better fuel efficiency and higher productivity
ENGINEERING SOLUTION PROGRAM
Go Beyond Just a Product – Midwest’s Total Packaged Road Engineering Solution Program
Soil-Sement Engineered Formula is a great product that will change how you build and stabilize roads. But Midwest supports its products with a fully customized, engineered program that ensures you get the results you are looking for. Check out the details of the Soil-Sement engineering program below:
STAGE 1: DESIGN
Complete engineering services include laboratory testing and analysis of site-specific materials to determine the gradation, optimum moisture content, dilution ratio and best product mix to provide optimum performance, compaction, density and strength.
Where appropriate, Soil-Sement is custom formulated for performance to site-specific factors.
Recommendations are provided by our state-of-the-art laboratory, targeting the most cost-effective application meeting the desired performance criteria.
STAGE 2: INSTALLATION
Midwest is onsite during installations to provide project management and installation guidance to ensure that each project is a success.
Midwest's project managers will:
- oversee the installation process
- verify an even distribution of product
- verify the proper volume of product is installed
- document the installation process
- train contractors on product installations
STAGE 3: PERFORMANCE TESTING
Midwest's field team routinely monitors installations to verify that the product and installation are meeting their full potential and exceeding the customers expectations. This montioring may consist of:
- Visual Road Assessments
- Visual Emissions Observations (VEO)
- Dynamic Cone Penetromer (DCP) testing
- Humboldt GeoGauge Testing
Soil-Sement Engineered Formula Boasts More Performance and Environmental Certifications Than Any Other Polymer Emulsion
A polymer emulsion formulated using nanotechnology to make roads as hard as steel or resilient as rubber.
One family of proven soil stabilization solutions; so many benefits for so many uses. Midwest’s NaturalPave Soil-Sement Engineered Formula® creates smooth, hard, dust-free surfaces that eliminate potholes and greatly reduce the need for regular grading and ongoing water maintenance.
Get a paved-like appearance that can accommodate chip seal, applied to a NaturalPave Soil-Sement stabilized subgrade, for a durable, long-term and low maintenance surface. The name NaturalPave is well chosen, as this engineered formula is ecologically safe and does not leach or wash away.
This Midwest program is extremely versatile, with significant benefits for everything from military training bases and utilities to energy production sites and state parks.
Army helipads | unpaved roads | mining access roads | steel mill haul roads | electric tower foundations | bike trails
BUILD STRONGER ROADS. FILL OUT THE FORM TO BEGIN THE PROCESS.
Thank you for submitting your information. A Midwest representative will contact you shortly.